Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced the launch of three new metro link bus routes in Dubai, scheduled to commence operations on Friday, May 19.
The introduction of these routes aims to enhance the accessibility of the local bus network and further integrate it with other modes of mass transit in the emirate, particularly the metro. Additionally, several improvements will be implemented on select routes starting from the same date, according to the authority.
- Route 51: This route will operate between Al Khail Gate and Business Bay Metro Station, with a frequency of every 20 minutes during peak hours.
- Route SH1: Commuting between Dubai Mall Metro Station and Sobha Realty Metro Station, this route will operate at a frequency of every 60 minutes.
- Route YM1: Serving passengers between UAE Exchange Metro Station and Yiwu Market, this route will run at a frequency of every 60 minutes.
Modified Routes: As part of the enhancements, the RTA will modify certain routes to optimize travel time and convenience for passengers. The changes include:
- Route F47 will now terminate at the Dubai Investment Park Metro Station, reducing the journey distance. Passengers traveling to Dubai Investments Park can utilize the existing routes F51, F50, F48, and F46. Additionally, Route 50 will now end at the Business Bay Metro Station to reduce travel time.
- Route C15 will be extended to include Al Mamzar Beach Park bus stop, catering to additional residential areas.
- Route E102 will be extended to terminate at Al Jaffiliya Bus Station, enhancing service between the CBD and Abu Dhabi Airport.
Improving Journey Experience: Furthermore, the Public Transport Agency will make improvements to the journey times of 48 other bus routes, including routes 91A, C04, 91, 84, 81, 77, 67, 66, 64, 62, 61, 53, 51, 50, 29, 24, 22, 21, 17, 13, 8, 7C09, C15, C28, D03, E700, F01, F05, F06, F08, F10, F21, F26, F27, F30, F36, F47, F57, J01, N55, X02, X13, X22, X23, X28, X25, and X64.
The RTA remains committed to expanding the coverage of the public bus network and improving integration with other mass transit options such as the metro, tram, and marine transport. These advancements in public transportation will undoubtedly position it as the optimal mobility choice in the emirate, stated the authority.
These comprehensive initiatives by the RTA underscore their commitment to providing efficient, accessible, and interconnected transportation services in Dubai. By continually expanding and improving the public transport network, the RTA is paving the way for a seamless and sustainable transportation future in the emirate.